What is it?
The Homebound Service lets you or someone you know enjoy the library’s collections without having to visit the library.
- The service is free to residents of all ages who are temporarily or permanently homebound due to disability, health problems, lack of transportation or other reasons.
- Delivery is provided by library volunteers or through the Meals on Wheels Program.
What may I borrow?
- Any of our materials that are available for checkout can be borrowed through the service: books including large print and paperbacks, magazines, movies, music CDs and audio books.
- You can checkout up to 5 items at a time
- You can take advantage of reserving items as well by calling the library or through the online catalog www.oldlymelibrary.org.
How frequent are deliveries?
- Weekly deliveries and pickup can be arranged with our volunteers
How long may I have items?
- The checkout period is 4 weeks
Are there any fines or fees?
- There are no fines and no charges for the service
How do I sign up?
- Register for a library card through a visit to your home by a library volunteer, by mail using the Library Card Application Form (PDF), or by phone at 860-434-1684. You will be added to our records if you are not already registered.
- Fill in the Homebound Library Services Application Form (PDF)
You can fill in the forms using Adobe Reader, save them to your computer, and email your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also print out the forms and mail them to the library at 2 Library Lane, Old Lyme, CT 06371.
Have questions? Want to sign up?
- Contact the staff at 860-434-1684 or mail the form provided above.