The Library is open for walk-in service during the following hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 9am-7pm
- Friday: 9am-5pm
- Saturday: 9am-2pm
Ongoing Covid-19 Safety Measures
- Patron visits and appointments will be limited to 45 minutes per day.
- Meeting rooms will remain closed, but public seating is open. 1 study room will be available for individual use (e.g. a zoom interview).
- Masks are required for all patrons over the age of 2, regardless of vaccination status. Any child under the age of 2 may visit without a mask provided that they are secured in a stroller or carrier throughout their visit and the accompanying parent/guardian must social distance on the child’s behalf. Parents/children who are unable or unwilling to do this will be asked to use curbside service.
- All patrons are required to comply with social distancing requirements.
- Young Adult Room: Limited to 2 patrons or 1 household
- Children’s Room: 6 patrons or 2 households
- Adult Space: Staff will monitor the space and limit entry when patrons are not able to comply with social distancing guidelines
Items can be requested via the online catalog or by calling us directly at 860-434-1684. Requested items will be retrieved from the shelves, checked out to you, and available for contact-free pick up near the main entrance during the following hours:
- Monday-Thursday: 9am-6:30pm
- Friday: 9am-4:30pm
- Saturday: 9am-12:30pm
Returning Items: All returned items will be quarantined for 48 hours, please note that items will remain on your account for at least 48 hours after being returned. All associated fines on non-Old Lyme items will be waived (Old Lyme ended late fees in July 2020).
Other Assistance: Library staff are available to assist you via email or by phone. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 860-434-1684 if you need assistance with any of our services or if we can help connect you to the information you need.
Future Service Changes: The Library plans to maintain this level of service until all staff have been given the opportunity to be vaccinated. We anticipate making additional changes on June 1st.